Practice on Facebook with our free, private Facebook group. If you are a pilot, ATC, or other aviation professional, you can join us. (No Aviation English instructors–except ours, please)
Sometimes we use a video or other materials and study it for the week. Sometimes, it’s just a simple post. However, it’s a place where you can ask questions about Aviation English and do your own studying on your own time. This week, we’re running through a video on Supplemental Oxygen. In the past, we studied “GUMPS.” And the list goes on.
We always say that a little bit of practice goes a long way and the best time to study is not last minute, but for the long term. Therefore, take 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 15 minutes… as you can.
Here’s a brief plan you could follow to keep your aviation English skills strong:
- Pick one from below and do for 5-15 minutes each day
- Listen to a YouTube video about any aviation topic or news story
- Read 1 aviation news story…preferably a current event or report of emerging technology
- Listen to 1 audio of something from LiveATC.net>Interesting Recordings
- Check out a video from our YouTube channel
- Hop into our private Facebook group or main page
- Practice your speaking whenever you can with a colleague/co-worker. Try to discuss a current event, not just casual conversation or every day events that wouldn’t be tested on an ICAO English Proficiency test.
We know that COVID-19 has impacted the world in such a profound way. We know so many pilots that have been grounded or furloughed and ATCs who’ve had reduced schedules. As a result, we’ve created a membership site to allow you to continue to practice your aviation English skills. You can learn more about that membership